Okonomiyaki Japanese savory pancake. Okonomiyaki is the famous Japanese savory pancake that is usually cooked at the dining table so you can customize it to your taste. My children loved okonomiyaki growing up - actually, they still love it just as much! Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き) is a Japanese street food which is very popular among.
Ingredients of Okonomiyaki Japanese savory pancake
- Prepare 100 g of flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Dashi stock powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- You need 100 g of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 of Sweetheart cabbage.
- You need 1 of Spring onion.
- Prepare of For toppings.
- Prepare 250 g of Prawns.
- Prepare of Other toppings examples.
- You need of Cheese and sweet corn.
- You need of Bacon.
- Prepare of Courgette and broccoli.
- You need of To serve.
- Prepare of Okonomiyaki sauce(worcester sauce).
- You need of Mayonnaise.
- It's of Aonori seaweed.
- Prepare of Dried bonito flakes.
So they developed pancake and added fillings in order to. Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き, o-konomi-yaki) (listen ) is a Japanese savory pancake containing a variety of ingredients in a wheat-flour-based batter; it is an example of konamon. Okonomiyaki - Japanese Savoury Pancakes + Toppings. For the classic Kansai flavour experience, there are two other mouth-watering toppings we recommend: sprinklings of dried seaweed flakes (aonori ) and finely shaved bonito flakes.
Okonomiyaki Japanese savory pancake step by step
- Mix the flour, dashi stock powder,baking powder and the water together and set aside.
- Chop the cabbage and spring onion into fine pieces and add to batter mix..
- Add the egg into the batter mix and mix well until everything is evenly combined. Do not over-mix, this will result in a tough and chewy pancake..
- Heat up a frying pan with a little oil on medium high heat. Pour the okonomiyaki batter into a round pancake shape in the centre of the pan. If using meat, start cooking your meat strips separate from the pancake. Cook the pancake for 3-4 minutes until the bottom is light brown.
- Once the bottom of the pancake is cooked, add any toppings to the top and flip over to finish cooking. Do not press down with a spatula or the pancake will not be light and fluffy. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes and remove from the pan when finished..
- Smother with lashings of okonomiyaki sauce and mayonnaise, sprinkle with bonito flakes, aonori seaweed..
It's a traditional Japanese savoury pancake that is sometimes also called Japanese pizza and is a very popular festival (matsuri) street food in Japan. Okonomiyaki recipe : savory Japanese cabbage pancakes with bacon, served with homemade okonomiyaki sauce and Japanese mayonnaise. Okonomiyaki is a savory Japanese pancake. There are two main types of okonomiyaki. Osaka (or Kansai) style or Hiroshima.