Ratatouille. I usually make a saute version of ratatouille, to keep the vegetables crispy, but this baked version came out with nice crisp vegetables too, and it was very easy to make. I added some thyme and rosemary, and a splash of white wine and served over rice to soak up the delicious juices. This is a perfect addition to my harvest season collection.
Ingredients of Ratatouille
- It's 1 cup of sweet onion -- diced 3/4 inch".
- You need 4 cloves of garlic -- chopped.
- Prepare 1 ounce of olive oil.
- It's 1/4 of of a red bell pepper -- diced 3/4 inch".
- You need 1/4 of of a green bell pepper--diced 3/4 inch".
- It's 4 of each white mushroom -- quarter the mushrooms.
- It's 1/2 of of a eggplant – diced 3/4 inch"- then soaked in salt water.
- It's 1 of plum tomato --diced 3/4 inch".
- Prepare 1/2 of each zucchini squash -- diced 3/4 inch".
- You need 1/2 of of a yellow squash -- diced 3/4 inch".
- It's 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of oregano,dry.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of crushed tomato.
- It's 1 tablespoon of sugar (optional- this will depend on your taste).
- You need 1 sprig of fresh thyme -- chopped- no stems.
- Prepare 1 sprig of fresh tarragon -- chopped- no stems.
- You need 6 leaves of fresh basil -- chopped- no stems.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of salt -- to taste.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
Those are just a few ideas that. Serving suggestions: This stew is great on its own, with crusty (potentially toasted) bread, with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, with cooked eggs, or on pasta. Once hot, add the onions and garlic to the pan. Cook the onions, stirring occasionally, until they are wilted and lightly.
- 1. Dice the eggplant and place in a bowl and add just enough water to cover and add 2 teaspoon salt and let soak for 20 minutes and the drain off. This will take away bitterness..
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until translucent about 3-4 minutes in a large 4 quart sauce pan or dutch oven..
- 2. Add the peppers, mushrooms, eggplant, tomatoes and squash, dry oregano and sauté with a moderate heat for approximately 5 minutes..
- 3. Add stock and crushed tomatoes and sugar cook for 15 minutes or until tender not mush:).
- Add fresh herbs and seasonings..
Ratatouille (/ ˌ r æ t ə ˈ t uː i / RAT-ə-TOO-ee, French: ; Occitan: ratatolha [ʀataˈtuʎɔ]) is a French Provençal stewed vegetable dish, originating in Nice, and sometimes referred to as ratatouille niçoise (French: ). Recipes and cooking times differ widely, but common ingredients include tomato, garlic, onion, courgette (zucchini), aubergine (eggplant), bell pepper, and some. The title refers to the French dish ratatouille, which is served at. Takes a fair bit of prep work and about a half hour of actual cooking, but the result is a beautifully clear expression of the veggies. 'Twouldn't hurt to up the. Place eggplant in a colander and toss with a big pinch of salt.