Easy Mango Tofu Red Thai curry.
Easy Mango Tofu Red Thai curry
Ingredients of Easy Mango Tofu Red Thai curry
- Prepare 1 of mango.
- You need 1 block of tofu.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- It's 1 of courgette.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper.
- It's 1 pack of green beans.
- You need of Garlic.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ginger.
- Prepare 1 pack of red Thai curry paate.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 250 ml of vegetable stock.
- It's 1/2 of lime.
Easy Mango Tofu Red Thai curry instructions
- I like to start by getting the ingredients out. You could swap vegetables in for what you have in the fridge and the red curry paste that you like the most..
- Wrap the tofu in kitchen roll like a little present and then place between two plates..
- Use cans to squeeze the water out of the tofu. Leave the tofu whilst you chop the vegetables - the longer you leave it the better the tofu will be..
- Prepare the mango first. You need to feel for the pip and cut halves of the mango off either side of the seed..
- You will be left with three parts - two halves and the centre section. Cut a small grid into each half and....
- ... ‘hedgehog’ the mango. Chop off the cubes and put aside into a bowl..
- Prepare the remaining ingredients. Chop the onion, garlic and ginger. Half-moon the courgette, and cut the green beans and pepper into bit size chunks..
- Preheat a pan and add the tofu - it should sizzle when it hits the pan..
- Squeeze the tofu so it squeaks. As you prepare the curry the tofu can sizzle away. Keep an eye on it and flip it halfway through..
- Fry the onion in the oil for 3 minutes until soft..
- Sauté the vegetables for 3 minutes or so..
- By now the tofu will look similar to this - it’s close to finished. Once it’s cooked, remove from the heat and put aside..
- Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and curry paste to the curry..
- Stir everything in. It will begin to smell amazing!.
- Once everything is stirred in add the coconut milk and soy sauce. Reduce to a simmer and add the mango....
- ... and add the tofu..
- Simmer the curry away for 5 to 8 minutes - until the mango is tender. Once it is ready turn off the heat and add the juice of half a lime..
- Serve over brown rice or in a bowl. Yummy!.