Simple githeri with carrots and potatoes. Cooking has no limitation or rule…to make authentic and unique cuisines you need to be wild in thoughts and find inspiration. Let's get wild and have a bit of fun with crazy exotic yet easy to do cooking recipes with Chef Andy as he makes One Pot of Githeri (carrots and potatoes). Knowing how to boil githeri is a useful first step in getting this meal right.
Ingredients of Simple githeri with carrots and potatoes
- It's 3 cups of preboiled githeri.
- You need 1/2 kg of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 kg of carrots.
- You need 2 of large tomatoes.
- You need 1 of medium sized onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of medium zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper.
- It's of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It's 1 tsp of mixed herbs.
- You need 1 tbsp of royco powder.
Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated. With carrots, sweet potatoes & apples, this savory soup with a hint of sweetness is the essence of fall. Next, add the carrots and sweet potatoes… along with the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Crusted with Parmesan and roasted with carrots and potatoes, you will have a complete healthy meal for the entire family in less than an hour.
Simple githeri with carrots and potatoes step by step
- Have all your ingredients ready and do a preparation in advance..
- Saute your onions till translucent. Add the ginger garlic paste and let cook for a minute.
- Add in the grated zucchini and stir.
- Add your tomatoes and cook to a paste. Add the spices and the seasoning. Stir..
- Add in the githeri and stir. Add in 2 cups water and let boil for 10 minutes..
- Add in your potatoes and let cook while covered for 10 minutes.
- Add in your carrots and stir..
- Add in your green bell pepper.
- Mix the royco powder with some water and pour into the pot. Let simmer for 5 minutes..
- Remove from heat, garnish and serve.
Roast a combination of carrots and potatoes for a simple holiday side dish. The high heat concentrates the sweetness of the carrots and makes the potatoes crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside. A flourish of brightly flavored fresh dill lifts the finished dish. Whenever I cook carrots and potatoes in a slow cooker/crock pot they never cook, always come out hard. I noticed one person had those results.any tips to make them soft?