Cheese on toast with a twist. Cut tomato and onion into slices — depending on how much you like them, add as much as you like! Take a non stick frying pan. Scrumptious chilli cheese toasts are so versatile that they can double up as a snack or appetizer for your next party!
Ingredients of Cheese on toast with a twist
- You need 2 slice of Bread.
- You need 1 of Sweet Chilli Soft Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of Courgette.
- Prepare 1 of Grated cheese.
Also, a few splashes of lea and perrins. Cheese on toast can be exciting! A lovely twist on this is to use grated mature cheddar, finely chopped onion, a little chopped ham, some mayo and a touch of mustard to bind together. Dishoom share their Kejriwal recipe: an Indian twist on cheese on toast, with runny fried eggs and chilli that's perfect for weekend brunch.
Cheese on toast with a twist instructions
- Preheat grill to high, and thinly slice enough courgette to cover 2 slices of bread..
- Put bread under grill and toast until both sides are golden..
- Spread a layer of soft cheese of both slices of toast. I used sweet chilli, but you can experiment and use different flavours. Arrange the slices of courgette over the toast and top with grated cheese. Put back under grill until cheese is melted..
- Serve hot.
Cheddar is now my cheese on toast go-to. Particularly a lovely sharp Irish cheddar. The first is for hardcore minimalists. The second is a bit more decadent with a little mustard to compliment the cheesy flavours and a little mayo to give you the. Have you wanted to have a quick snack such as cheese toast but don't have the time to put it in the oven?