Okonomiyaki Japanese savory pancake.
Okonomiyaki Japanese savory pancake
Ingredients of Okonomiyaki Japanese savory pancake
- Prepare 100 g of flour.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Dashi stock powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- You need 100 g of Water.
- It's 1 of Egg.
- It's 1/2 of Sweetheart cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of Spring onion.
- It's of For toppings.
- You need 250 g of Prawns.
- You need of Other toppings examples.
- Prepare of Cheese and sweet corn.
- It's of Bacon.
- Prepare of Courgette and broccoli.
- It's of To serve.
- Prepare of Okonomiyaki sauce(worcester sauce).
- Prepare of Mayonnaise.
- It's of Aonori seaweed.
- Prepare of Dried bonito flakes.
Okonomiyaki Japanese savory pancake step by step
- Mix the flour, dashi stock powder,baking powder and the water together and set aside.
- Chop the cabbage and spring onion into fine pieces and add to batter mix..
- Add the egg into the batter mix and mix well until everything is evenly combined. Do not over-mix, this will result in a tough and chewy pancake..
- Heat up a frying pan with a little oil on medium high heat. Pour the okonomiyaki batter into a round pancake shape in the centre of the pan. If using meat, start cooking your meat strips separate from the pancake. Cook the pancake for 3-4 minutes until the bottom is light brown.
- Once the bottom of the pancake is cooked, add any toppings to the top and flip over to finish cooking. Do not press down with a spatula or the pancake will not be light and fluffy. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes and remove from the pan when finished..
- Smother with lashings of okonomiyaki sauce and mayonnaise, sprinkle with bonito flakes, aonori seaweed..