Garden Chickpea Salad. Looking for a summer dish with a difference? Combine colorful crunchy veggies with soft feta cheese and good-for-you garbanzos. Fiber- and protein-packed chickpeas give this salad recipe its nutritional base.
Ingredients of Garden Chickpea Salad
- It's Half of teaspoon cumin seed.
- It's of Quarter cup chopped tomato.
- Prepare of Quarter cup lemon juice.
- You need of Quarter cup olive oil.
- You need 1 of garlic clove minced.
- You need Half of teaspoon salt.
- It's of Quarter teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of Three-quarter cup canned chickpeas rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 of medium carrot Julienned.
- It's 1 of small zucchini Julienned.
- Prepare 2 of green onions thinly sliced.
- It's Half of cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley.
- It's of Quarter cup thinly sliced radishes.
- Prepare of Quarter cup crumbled feta cheese.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare of We cubs spring mix salad greens.
Ingredients are so simple, this healthy salad is. Drizzle dressing over salad vegetables and toss to combine. Sprinkle with feta and walnuts and, season with black pepper and. Curried Chickpea Salad - Full of flavor and texture, this vegan curry chickpea 'chicken' salad is quick and easy to make, and perfect for a healthy salad, wrap, or sandwich filler!
Garden Chickpea Salad instructions
- For dressing in a dry small skillet toast cumin seeds over medium heat until Aromatic, stirring frequently. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the tomato, Lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper..
- In a bowl, combine the chickpeas, carrots, zucchini, sliced green onions, parsley, radishes, cheese and walnuts. Stir in 1/3 cup dressing..
- To serve, divide salad greens between two plates; top with the chickpea mixture. Drizzle with remaining dressing..
Cucumber, Chickpea, and Pita Salad-this fresh and simple salad is made with cucumber Cucumber salads are perfect for summertime because they are fresh and you can use up your garden. Chickpea Tuna Salad with capers is perfect for lunch! I've had this salad on my mind and realized I had all the ingredients on hand to whip this up, and I loved it! This vegan chickpea "tuna" salad is our take-to-work lunch recipe. It's great wrapped in pita, with crackers or crudité, or in a sandwich.