Simple Calabacitas. Home » Side Dishes » Simple Calabacitas Con Elote Recipe. You are just a few easy ingredients away from making the most flavorful Calabacitas Con Elote Recipe! Calabacitas is one of the most satisfying dishes you'll come across in Mexican cuisine — and that's Hello Calabacitas!
Ingredients of Simple Calabacitas
- It's 1 of zucchini (cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4" slices).
- Prepare 1 of yellow squash (cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4" slices).
- It's 1 of ear of sweet corn kernels.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1 pinch of salt & pepper.
- It's 1 cup of Mozzerella cheese, shredded.
Serve these Calabacitas alongside any southwestern main course or. Calabacitas means "little squash" in Spanish. Calabacitas means "little squash" in Spanish. Tuck it into tortillas for a vegetarian taco or add pork or chicken to make it a main.
Simple Calabacitas step by step
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT cheese. Gently toss to coat.
- Steam veggies for 15 minutes.
- Serve with cheese sprinkled on top (I like mine super cheesey!).
- *If you do not have a steamer, you can bring a few cups of water to a boil in a small stock pot. Place veggies in a metal strainer and set atop the pot and cover with a lid (see pic).
- **I discovered calabacitas when I lived in New Mexico. There are several variations, but this is just a simple basic "go grab it out of my garden" version!.
Calabacitas is a delicious side dish that's typical in Mexican kitchens. Author: Claudya Martinez via My Calabacitas with corn is a favorite of mine. Sometimes I like to add tomato to it as well if I'm serving it. Calabacitas. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. My big sister, who lives in New Mexico, taught me these years ago - it's one of my favorite ways to cook squash - it's simple but packs a flavor punch.