Mediterranean Style Zucchini Boats.
Mediterranean Style Zucchini Boats
Ingredients of Mediterranean Style Zucchini Boats
- It's 4 medium of zucchini.
- It's 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 packages of Crock-Pot savory herb chicken slow cooker seasoning.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- It's 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 small of red onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/3 cup of sun dried tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of kalamata olives, chopped.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of capers, chopped.
- It's 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese, plus more for topping.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
Mediterranean Style Zucchini Boats step by step
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Mix Crock-Pot seasoning with water and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours..
- Remove chicken from crock pot (discard remaining cooking liquids) and shred with two forks. Set aside..
- Set oven to low broil. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat..
- Add onion to skillet and sauté until translucent..
- Turn heat to low and add shredded chicken, lemon juice, chicken broth, sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives and capers, and give a good stir. Cover and let simmer while you prepare zucchini..
- Chop ends off of zucchini and cut in half length-wise. Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the middles, creating zucchini boats..
- Place the 8 zucchini halves in a greased casserole dish, and either brush the insides with olive oil or spray with cooking spray. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Broil zucchini in oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until edges begin to brown..
- Remove zucchini from oven, and turn oven to bake at 400°F..
- Mix feta cheese into the chicken mixture in skillet, stirring well..
- Use a spoon to generously stuff zucchini halves with chicken mixture. Top with additional feta crumbles and bake for approximately 10 more minutes at 400°F..