Ingredients of Zucchini Boats
- It's 6 of Zucchini.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Turkey.
- It's 1/3 medium of Onion.
- It's 4 tbsp of Non-Fat Greek Yogurt.
- You need 3 tbsp of Cilantro.
- You need 1 of Salt and Pepper.
- You need 1 of Garlic.
- It's 1 cup of Carrots.
- It's 1/2 cup of Red Peppers.
- It's 1 dozen of Cherry Tomatos.
Zucchini Boats instructions
- Brown Ground Turkey Breast with Taco Seasoning.
- Give a quick wash to the zucchini. Slice in half lengthwise, leaving the ends on to keep the filling inside. Use a melon baller to scoop the flesh out of the zucchini. Be careful to not break the peeling of the zucchini with the melon baller – leaving a thin layer of flesh inside helps ensure this!.
- Place zucchini boats in a glass dish..
- Use a food processor to finely chop: the zucchini flesh you removed, carrots, red peppers, and onions. Spray a large sauce pan with olive oil and place the chopped ingredients in the pan. Add cilantro, salt and pepper, and garlic..
- Sauté until mixture is completely cooked. Place mixture into a large bowl and add Greek yogurt and stir thoroughly..
- Mix in turkey with zucchini mixture..
- Fill zucchini boats with mixture..
- Cut tomatoes and place on top of stuffed zucchini boats and sprinkle with some fat free mozzarella cheese. (Maybe an 1/8 of a cup makes it way on one boat maximum!).
- Cook at 350 for approximately 25 minutes..