Bean and zucchini cutlets. Only a few ingredients but packed with tons of flavor and texture. I have heard only high praise for these cutlets from the omnivores and vegans. These delicious cutlets have been very popular in my catering this Fall.
Ingredients of Bean and zucchini cutlets
- It's of stuffing mix.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of margarine.
- You need 1 cup of Stovetop stuffing mix, dry.
- It's 1 can of kidney beans.
- Prepare 12 oz of frozen chopped seasoning mix (onions, peppers, celery), thawed.
- Prepare 1 can of kidney beans, drained, rinsed and mashed.
- It's 1 medium of zucchini, finely chopped.
- It's of seasoned salt.
- It's of black pepper.
Combine zucchini, beans, coriander, half the corn, half the fetta, half the oregano and ½ cup enchilada sauce in a large bowl. This is a favorite recipe of Mrs. Connie deAngelo, one of the few women regulars on Blackstone Street, Haymarket, Boston. Mix salt and pepper with the beaten eggs.
Bean and zucchini cutlets instructions
- Prepare the stuffing mix by combining the ingredients and heating in microwave to 1 1/2 to 2 minutes..
- Drain and rinse kidney beans. Mash well with fork or potato masher..
- Finely chop zucchini. If desired, put thawed seasoning mix in food processor and pulse for 20 seconds (depends on whether you want the batter to be smooth or chunky).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the prepared ingredients. Season with seasoned salt and pepper, as desired..
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Make patties. Cook on medium heat until browned on one side. Turn and cook until heated through and browned..
To make the zucchini boats, you hollow out the zucchini and stuff them with a tasty black bean and quinoa mixture. Add enchilada sauce, shredded cheese, and bake until bubbly! Remove from the oven and DIVE in! You will be instantly blown away by the deliciousness. This healthier version of fried zucchini sticks or zucchini fries as some people call them are delicious as a snack, appetizer or side dish.