Carrot zucchini blueberry muffins. Carrot Zucchini Muffins are made with whole wheat flour and oatmeal! They are the perfect healthy breakfast recipe! These carrot zucchini muffins are a great breakfast to feed our children (and ourselves).
Ingredients of Carrot zucchini blueberry muffins
- Prepare 1 of zucchini.
- It's 1 large of carrot.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 3/4 cup of fat free Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It's 1 of zest of 1 lemon.
- It's 1/2 cup of almond milk.
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely ground almonds (or almond meal).
- It's 1/2 cup of Splenda (or sugar).
- Prepare 1 tsp of each, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
For the fourth recipe in "Zucchini Week", I decided to try a random one I found online for breakfast this week. Meet the Cook: No matter when I make these muffins - for breakfast, or for lunch to serve with a bowl of soup or salad - my husband devours them! He's retired from the Air Force, and we have four grown children. Gardening's my top hobby. -Loretta Baline, South Burlington.
Carrot zucchini blueberry muffins step by step
- Prepare large 12 muffin tin by lining it with muffin cups and spraying inside with cooking spray( it's important to spray it as the muffins stick). Preheat oven to 350.
- Great carrot and zucchini into a large bowl and add all wet ingredients, up to almond milk.
- In a separate bowl with a wire wisk mix together all dry ingredients (besides nuts for topping), or you can sift it.
- Now add dry ingredients to wet and mix just until combined. Do not overmix. At the end fold in blueberries..
- Spoon about 1/4cup of batter into each cup, top it with sprinkle of seeds or nuts, I used pumpkin seeds and into the oven. They bake quite long, about 40min. Cool on wire rack, Enjoy!.
These muffins have a base of whole wheat flour and get their moisture and flavor from three types of produce. Combine that with low added sugar and protein from eggs and milk and you have a healthy muffin for kids that's great any time of the day. If you're baking for a special occasion, you'll love my carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (it's also naturally sweetened and Healthy carrot muffins made with whole wheat flour, coconut oil and maple syrup! They taste fantastic, too, of course. Zucchini Carrot Muffins are a healthy way to enjoy your morning muffin packed with veggies, whole grains, and without any added refined sugar.