Chicken in a zucchini boat. Stuffed zucchini boats with the flavor of chicken parmesan. This year I've made a zucchini boat I like even more - these unbelievably delicious and perfectly flavorful Chicken Enchilada Zucchini Boats! I was so skeptical at first and I thought there's no way I could ever trade in a classic, cheese loaded, pure comfort food enchilada for a healthier version.
Ingredients of Chicken in a zucchini boat
- It's of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ chicken and zucchini◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- You need 3 of medium zucchini.
- It's 12 ounces of diced/ shredded chicken, I used chicken breast.
- Prepare 1/2 of large onion.
- It's 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- It's 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆sauce◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- It's 15 ounces of tomato sauce.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of whole leaf oregano.
- It's 1 of teaspoonful of cumin powder.
- It's 1-1/2 tablespoons of honey.
- Prepare 1 of tablespoonful of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of tablespoonful of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ toppings◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- It's 2 cups of monterrey jack and colby cheddar cheese, shredded.
- It's 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of jalapeño pepper slices, pickled.
- It's 1 cup of black ripened sliced olives.
- You need 1/3 cup of sour cream.
Maybe my new favorite way to eat zucchini. Make sure you save the zucchini you scrape out too. Just toss that in a frying pan with a tiny amount of olive oil, some salt and pepper and you have a tasty snack! Cut up broccoli florets into small pieces, and combine both with sour cream.
Chicken in a zucchini boat instructions
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- Finely chop the onion..
- Cut the ends off zucchini..
- Split them lengthways down the middle.
- Hollow the zucchini halves leaving a bit on the ends, so you can stuff them without stuffing running out. I used a spoon..
- Heat oil in pan, cube, or shred the chicken into small pieces. Add chicken to pan..
- Add onion to the chicken with salt, zucchini scrapings, cumin, cayenne, and paprika..
- Sauté till onion is translucent and chicken is done..
- Heat oil in the pan. Add the minced garlic and sauté..
- Add tomato sauce, honey, oregano, salt, cumin, and simmer..
- After 10 minutes of simmering and stirring occasionally, remove from heat..
- In an oven safe dish add a quarter cup of the sauce. Set the zucchini boats on top of sauce in dish..
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into zucchini boats.
- Pour over the zucchini boats the rest of the sauce..
- Add cheese and olives on top bake covered 40 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes..
- Add sour cream, cilantro, and jalapeños. Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Fun take on classic Chicken Enchiladas. Cut zucchini in half and hollow out the centers. Add the Greek yogurt, lime juice, and salt together in a small bowl and stir to combine. Stuff chicken mixture in hollowed out zucchini boats, and top with cheddar cheese. Season lightly with salt and pepper.