Zucchini "meatballs". These vegetarian Zucchini Meatballs are delicious! Made with grated zucchini, Pecorino Romano, basil, bread crumbs and egg with a pomodoro sauce. Using a dish towel, squeeze out excess liquid from the shredded zucchini.
Ingredients of Zucchini "meatballs"
- It's of zucchinis 2 large.
- You need 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1 cup of parmesan grated.
- Prepare of basil fresh chopped.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need of garlic 2 minced.
- You need of olive oil.
These Ricotta Zucchini "Meatballs" are melt-in-your-mouth-amazing zucchini meatballs with ricotta and parmesan cheese, topped with a warm and bubbly tomato sauce! Serve these chicken meatballs on a skewer for a party-starting appetizer, pile atop a plate of pasta, or stuff inside a hoagie roll for a hearty sub. These zucchini meatballs are packed with zucchini, cheese and seasonings. Zucchini muffins, baked zucchini and lasagna zucchini boats are more favorite summer squash recipes.
Zucchini "meatballs" instructions
- Pre heat oven 400. Shred your zucchinis..
- Add oil to a saute pan and add garlic. Cook 30 seconds..
- Add zucchini. Salt pepper. Fold and mix on high till water has evaporated. 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool in a caulinder..
- In a bowl mix bread crumbs, parmesan, zucchini, basil, and egg..
- Roll into little balls. Place on baking dish. Bake 25 or so..
- In a sauté pan add marinara sauce. Add zucchini balls and cook about 5 minutes. Serve over spaghetti. Enjoy..
- You can "fry" the zucchini balls in a saute pan to crisp them up instead of baking..
Be the first to review this recipe. Serve Zucchini Meatballs over pasta and sauce with a side of veggies. These zucchini meatballs are a wonderful vegetarian alternative to an Italian classic. Arrange the zucchini meatballs on a nonstick baking sheet. Lay out the meatballs in rows.