Courgette sandwich loaf. It is a very simple sandwich loaf, the dough proves overnight, so fairly flavoursome. It actually is a It's excellent but quite strong on onions, so I thought I'd temper the flavour with bland courgettes. A sandwich loaf is a stacked party entrée that looks like a cake.
Ingredients of Courgette sandwich loaf
- Prepare 15 g of fresh or 2 tsp fast action yeast.
- You need 200 ml of warm water.
- It's 325 g of strong white flour.
- You need 150 g of courgettes, peeled and thinly sliced.
- You need 50 ml of olive oil.
- It's 100 g of cooked mashed potato.
- You need 75 g of rye flour.
- Prepare of about 2 tbsp. stoneground wholemeal flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 tsp of caster sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of caraway seeds.
- You need 2 tbsp. of fresh parsley and sage leaves, chopped finely.
This sandwich loaf will be the talk of the party. Consider this beginner loaf a bridge between regular white sandwich bread and Tartine-style This makes a soft and subtly tangy loaf that's perfect for tuna fish sandwiches and jam-smeared toast alike. Yotam Ottolenghi's courgette, tomato and pesto gratin. Put the courgette, carrot, onion and chopped tomato in the bowl of a food processor and blitz until it's of a similar consistency to the mince.
Courgette sandwich loaf instructions
- Cook the potatoes, mash and cool them. Cook the courgettes with a little of the olive oil on low heat until softened and translucent, but not mushy..
- In the meantime, mix the yeast with 50ml of the warm water and 2 tablespoons of the white flour, leave covered for 30 minutes..
- Add the onions and the mash to the yeasty mixture; add the rest of the water and white flour, the rye flour, salt, sugar and caraway seeds and mix to combine..
- Leave the dough standing for 10 minutes, then knead by hand or in a standing mixer with a dough hook attachment adding the rest of the oil. If the dough looks very sticky and doesn’t want to come together, add the wholemeal flour. Continue kneading until it’s smooth, stretchy and bounces off the sides of the bowl or stops sticking to your hands. Add the fresh chopped herbs and mix them in thoroughly..
- Place the dough in a large bowl (it will rise quite a lot), cover with cling film and leave in the fridge overnight..
- The next day flatten the dough to a rectangle and roll it up tightly, to the width of a loaf tin. Drop it into a buttered and floured tin, cover with oiled cling film and leave in a warm place to expand in volume by half – 1-2 hours..
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/gas 7. Dust the top of the loaf with flour, slash with a sharp knife down the middle and bake for 35 minutes. Then lower the heat to 180C/350F/gas 4 and bake for further 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack..
Find heaps of courgette recipes for everything from stuffed courgettes to courgette cake. Courgette loaf and cup of coffee. Add more butter to the pan, then add the eggs. Cook gently until the base is set, add the courgette mix and sprinkle over the parmesan. One of the exciting aspects to working with pan loaves is the pan affords the baker some wiggle room to experiment, to push the boundaries.