Candied Zucchini Fruit Snacks (dehydrated/dehydrator).
Candied Zucchini Fruit Snacks (dehydrated/dehydrator)
Ingredients of Candied Zucchini Fruit Snacks (dehydrated/dehydrator)
- Prepare 4 1/2 cup of dicedd zucchini (peeled and cored) ( about 1/2 inch pieces) (divided into thirds).
- You need 3 envelope of kool aid ( 3 different flavors and colors) ( I used watermelon:pink,.black cherry: dark red, peach mango: yellowish).
- It's 3 cup of granulated sugar divided into thirds.
- It's 12 cup of water divided into thirds.
- It's 4 1/2 tbsp of colored sugar crystals ( color will depend on what color kool aid you use, red for red, green for green, pink for pink, etc.. ( 1.5 tbl. per color).
- You need 1 of food dehydrator.
- You need 3 of pots.
- Prepare 3 small of bowls.
Candied Zucchini Fruit Snacks (dehydrated/dehydrator) instructions
- in 3 separate pots place 1 1/2 c. diced zucchini per pot..
- add powder from 1 envelope kool aid per pot. each one a different color/flavor as per ingredients say..
- add 1 cup sugar per pot..
- add 4 cups water per pot. stir well..
- bring to a gentle boil and gently boil for 30 minutes. zucchini is done when tender and the color had soaked through into core of zucchini pieces..
- remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes..
- drain very well, (after draining I placed them on a lint free towel to soak up any additional liquid. kool aid will stain said towel).
- place zucchini onto a food dehydrator. turn it on. thenlet them sit for about 24 hours or until gummy or until dried. they will be sticky..
- let cool. place your colored sugar crystals in 3 separate bowls (each bowl containing a different color 1.5 tbl.).
- place zucchini of same color into matching sugar gently coating your candied zucchini. this gives them a bit of crunch and keeps them from sticking together).
- place your done candied zucchini into a candy bowl and watch the kids eat them up not even knowing it's a vegetable.. :).
- enjoy ( even though this is a vegetable you pretty much boil most if the nutritional value out of it) they are very sweet but very easy to make) great for a project for kids to make provided you help with the boiling aspect).
- I used the as seen on t.v. quick minute microwave food dehydrator I bought at wal mart. this cut down my time and only took me 12-18 minutes to make the whole batch instead of 24 hours...