Vegetarian stuffed zucchini, eggplants. The Best Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Recipes on Yummly Ruby Williams writes from Bogalusa, Louisiana, "For years, I cooked for my late husband and our five children. Stir in the tomatoes, wheat germ, parsley.
Ingredients of Vegetarian stuffed zucchini, eggplants
- Prepare 1 cup of rice (3/4 American, 1/4 Egyptian).
- It's 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of sweet pepper.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion diced.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- It's 1 of big ripe tomato diced.
- It's 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried mint.
- It's 10 of zucchinis (bought ready for stuffing).
- You need 10 of eggplants (bought ready for stuffing).
- It's 5 of squash (bought ready for stuffing).
- It's 1 of lemon.
Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté the onion, green pepper, zucchini, garlic and the reserved eggplant until tender. Stuffed Eggplants : Eggplants happens to be one of my most favorite veggies. Stuffed eggplants with spiced ground meat, stuffed with rice, yoghurt … I'll share the one with zucchini, since I've got so many requests from my Armenian viewers who are doing lent and vegan diet is much needed for those. Recipe for Vegetarian Stuffed Eggplant with chickpeas, pine nuts, tomatoes, onion, garlic, herbs and spices.
Vegetarian stuffed zucchini, eggplants step by step
- Wash the rice and soak it for 30 minutes.
- The stuffing: Dice the onions, the garlic and mix it with the rice, cinnamon, sweet pepper and salt. You can add a tablespoon of cooking oil..
- Stuff the vegetables but keep 1/4 empty.
- In a pot, put some oil and add the tomato sauce.. Stir around till it turns orange-like.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic and stir and then add the lemon juice and the dried mint.
- Remove from the heat and start placing the stuffed vegetables..
- Fill with water until the vegetables are under 1cm of water..
- Put back on high heat until boil and then set the heat to medium.. The dish should be ready in 30 to 45 minutes..
Delicious seasonal veggies like squash, pumpkin and eggplant often make an appearance at the Sukkot table. Slice the zucchini in half lengthwiseand hollow it out. This recipe is perfect for summer when zucchini is This recipe is perfect for summer when zucchini is cheaply available and it's too hot to turn on the oven! Stuffed veggies are always a great vegetarian. Add the peppers, zucchini, garlic and tomatoes.