Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin.
Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin
Ingredients of Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin
- Prepare 1 of medium zucchini.
- You need 1 of medium yellow squash.
- It's 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 1/2 cup of heavy cream or whole milk.
- You need 1 tsp. of cornstarch.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of salt, divided.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of pepper, divided.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of dried oregano.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of dried chives.
- It's 1/8 tsp. of onion powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly shredded parmesan.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly shredded gouda cheese.
Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8x8" baking pan and set it aside..
- Wash the zucchini and yellow squash, then slice them into coins about 1/4" thick. Place them into a bowl and season them with 1/4 tsp each salt, pepper and oregano. Set aside..
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over med-high heat. Once it's melted, add the garlic and stir until fragrant. Then pour in the cream (or milk) and whisk in the cornstarch, the onion powder and 1/4 tsp each of salt, pepper and chives. Allow this to come to a simmer and simmer until thickened...just about 2-3 minutes. Once thickened, remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese..
- Lay out the squash in the prepared baking pan. Pour the cream mixture over the top. Sprinkle the gouda evenly over the top..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the squash is fork tender. Switch your oven to broil and let the cheese brown for 2-3 minutes..
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for 5 or so minutes, then serve..