Zucchini Oatmeal (Zoats). I made this batch of oatmeal using old-fashioned rolled oats, but you can use steel cut oats if you prefer- the cooking time will just be longer. This Zucchini Bread Oatmeal is simple to prepare. Really no different than any stove top oatmeal you might typically make for breakfast.
Ingredients of Zucchini Oatmeal (Zoats)
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats.
- You need 1 of small zucchini, shredded.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp. of flaxmeal (optional).
- It's 1 tbsp. of golden raisins (optional).
- You need 1 of small overripe banana, mashed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It's of Toppings of choice.
These lightly sweetened whole-grain Banana Zucchini Oatmeal Cups make the perfect afternoon snack or breakfast on-the-go. How to Make Chocolate Zucchini Bread Oatmeal Zoats. This is surprisingly simple and you can If you're making a big batch of these Chocolate Zucchini Bread Oatmeal Zoats, now is when you. In this episode of Abbey's Kitchen, when Abbey was on the homestretch of her pregnancy, when she would get up in the morning, she had to eat instantly.
Zucchini Oatmeal (Zoats) step by step
- Add the water, milk, oats, zucchini and salt to a medium pot over medium high heat..
- Once it comes to a simmer, reduce the heat down to medium and let it simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 or so minutes, until thickened and creamy..
- Stir in the mashed banana, flaxmeal, raisins and cinnamon, then after another minute remove the pot from the heat. If you like it sweeter, then add whatever additional sweetener now..
- Top with whatever toppings sounds good and eat immediately..
Add veggies and volume to your morning bowl of oats with this zucchini bread oatmeal recipe. Added bonus: your whole kitchen will smell like a freshly baked loaf of zucchini. As any cook with a booming zucchini crop knows, you can never have too many recipes calling for that abundant vegetable!—Shirlee Nelson. Have you tried Chocolate Zoats aka Zucchini Oatmeal yet? It's like zucchini bread in a bowl and a yummy way to eat up your veggies for.