Courgettes and peas bake. Learn how to cook courgettes in three delicious ways - fried, baked and spiralised. For the sprialised courgette, you will need a spiraliser or large noodle attachment of a free-standing mixer or food processor. These spiced pea and coriander fritters are easy to make ahead of time.
Ingredients of Courgettes and peas bake
- You need 4 of courgettes.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 200 g of short pasta.
- Prepare 50 g of breadcumbs.
- Prepare 8-10 of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare half of tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 2-3 of bay leaves.
- It's 2-3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Delicately spiced courgette and pea cakes. Spiralize courgettes for a nutritious alternative to add to fragrant soups, vegetarian ricotta tarts and fresh summer rolls. We love courgette spaghetti, so we've created some easy courgetti recipes to enjoy this healthy food trend. Try this Pea and Courgette Timables recipe, or contribute your own.
Courgettes and peas bake step by step
- Add a pinch of salt to one tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick pan. Chop the onions finely and shallow fry them for five minutes or so until golden..
- In the meantime, chop the courgettes. The smaller you chop them, the sooner they will become mushy - so it depends on your preference. These are 1-2 cm..
- Add the courgettes to the pan with the nutmeg, the bay leaves and a generous pinch of pepper. Stir and cover with a lid. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes..
- Once they have become soft and creamy, remove the lid but continue cooking so that the water evaporates..
- In the meantime, preheat the oven at 200 C. Cook the pasta with the peas. Leave the pasta a few minutes undercooked as it will finish cooking in the oven..
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half..
- Once cooked, mix the pasta and the peas in with the courgettes and remove from heat. Add salt to taste..
- Fill an oven dish with the pasta and courgettes, cover it with the breadcrumbs and lay the tomatoes on top. Drizzle generously with olive oil..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the breadcrumbs look crispy. (I burned the tomatoes a bit here)..
Serve with a grind of black pepper, salad, pasta or polenta to keep the dish gluten-free. You can assemble this dish, refrigerate it and bake it later - or the next day. You can even freeze it and cook when needed. You can swap Parmesan cheese with. Laver les courgettes, ne pas les peler.