Stuffed Round Zucchini.
Stuffed Round Zucchini
Ingredients of Stuffed Round Zucchini
- It's 2 of small red onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of small red bell peppers, finely chopped.
- It's 6-8 of small round zucchini.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 10.5 oz of button mushrooms, diced.
- It's 1 of carrot, diced.
- You need 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 teaspoons of marjoram.
- You need of I teaspoon thyme.
- It's 1.5 cups of cooked lentils.
- You need of O.5 cup tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt, plus more to sprinkle inside the zucchini.
- You need A few of grinds of black pepper.
Stuffed Round Zucchini instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)..
- Cut the tops off the zucchini and carefully scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Chop..
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add the chopped onion, bell peppers, garlic and a splash of water (or oil if you prefer). Once soft add the mushrooms and fry until browned. Add the carrot and chopped zucchini flesh. Cook until the carrot is tender and the liquid has evaporated..
- Add the paprika and herbs and sautee for a few seconds to release the flavors. Add the cooked lentils, tomato sauce, salt and pepper and cook for a couple more minutes to allow the flavors to combine..
- Sprinkle the insides of the zucchini with a bit of salt and pepper and stuff with the filling..
- Place them in a baking dish and put their tops back on..
- Bake for 45–60 minutes or until they can be easily pierced with a knife. Check on them from time to time and if the tops start burning, either take them out or cover them with tin foil..
- Let cool for a couple of minutes before serving..
- Note: remember the quantity for the lentils (1.5 cups) is for COOKED lentils 😀.