Chickpeas & Orzo & Zucchini. Want to know what to do with chickpeas? Here are our top recipes to use canned chickpeas, tagines, chickpea stews and hummus. Canned chickpeas: Canned chickpeas are pre-cooked chickpeas.
Ingredients of Chickpeas & Orzo & Zucchini
- You need 1 cup of Orzo cook from direction.
- Prepare 2 of medium zucchini, clean & dice in pieces.
- Prepare 1 of red onion diced.
- It's 1 clove of garlic diced.
- You need of Vegetable stock for the orzo.
- It's 1/2 cup of parmasan cheese graded.
- It's 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas drained.
You'll love this salad warm or chilled. For variety, add feta cheese or use Spicy Lentil & Chickpea Stew. This recipe came to me from a friend who had worked at a health food. Chickpeas are for way more than hummus.
Chickpeas & Orzo & Zucchini instructions
- Cook orzo by package directions. But instead of water use vegetable stock hold back 2 cups of stock to mix in later.
- Sauté red onion, garlic, zucchini in a medium sauté pan with 2 tbs olive oil untill soft..
- Mix in orzo, parmasan cheese, chickpeas and stock mix and warm untill cheese is melted and chickpeas are warm on low heat. Eat and enjoy. If you try this give some puctures. Thanks..
There's a whole chickpea world out there beyond hummus. From crunchy, spicy snacks to main ingredients, chickpeas are one of the best ingredients. Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, are rich in nutrients and may provide a range of health benefits. In this article, learn more about the nutritional contents of chickpeas and how to use them. 🎦 Chickpea. Chickpea, annual plant of the pea family (Fabaceae), widely grown for its nutritious seeds.