Healthy zucchini bread. Healthy Zucchini Bread made with whole wheat flour, coconut oil and sweetened with honey instead of sugar. This bread is bursting with flavor thanks to the hint of coconut, orange zest and toasted nuts. Use up all those summer zucchini in this easy and healthy zucchini bread recipe.
Ingredients of Healthy zucchini bread
- You need 1 Cup of white unbleached all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It's 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 of medium zucchini, about 2 cups shredded.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain nonfat Greek yogurt.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 6 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted and cool.
Zucchini brings the veggies, peanut butter packs in the protein, and chocolate makes the bread something you'll crave for. This zucchini bread is perfect for an easy breakfast or an easy snack in the afternoon! Healthy Zucchini Bread with applesauce, whole wheat flour and low sugar and low fat. Find healthy, delicious zucchini bread recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell.
Healthy zucchini bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 325. Line 9 by 5 loaf pan with two sheets of parchment paper to easily lift bread out or use silicone pan..
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine..
- Shred the zucchini using coarse holes on grader, both peel and flesh. Please shredded zucchini in a clean dish towel and squeeze out any extra moisture..
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the shredded zucchini, sugar, honey, yogurt, eggs, and coconut oil. Stir to combine..
- Transfer the shredded zucchini and wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Fold until combined..
- Pour batter into loaf. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in Center comes out with the few crumbs attached. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Lift out of pan using parchment paper and cool on wire rack for another 10 minutes. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days..
Zucchini Banana Bread-a blend of your two favorite breads! This easy quick bread is a great way I wanted to keep things on the healthier side, so I used whole wheat flour, coconut oil, and added in. This amazing chocolate zucchini bread is full of dark chocolate flavors, but doesn't use any refined sweeteners so it's the perfect way to start the day! Perfect as an appetizer or side dish! Shredded zucchini creates moist breads and cakes and is an ideal addition to soups, sauces and Zucchini — a popular type of summer squash — has a mild flavor and cucumber-like appearance.