Fully Loaded Hasselback Zucchini.
Fully Loaded Hasselback Zucchini
Ingredients of Fully Loaded Hasselback Zucchini
- Prepare 2 of medium-large zucchini (about 8 oz. each).
- It's Dash of each salt and black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of light sour cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of chopped scallions.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of precooked real crumbled bacon.
Fully Loaded Hasselback Zucchini instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet, and spray with nonstick spray. Slice off and discard stem ends of zucchini. Cut slits through the width, about 1/2-inch apart, stopping about 1/4 inch from the bottom. Place zucchini on the center of the foil, and cover with another large piece of foil. Fold together and seal all four edges of the foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet..
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove sheet, and let cool for 5 minutes. Set oven to broil. Cut packet to release steam before removing the top piece of foil. Sprinkle zucchini with salt and pepper. Carefully sprinkle cheese into the slits of the zucchini. Broil until cheese has melted and lightly browned, about 1 minute. Top with remaining ingredients. MAKES 2 SERVINGS.
- Notes-When slicing each zucchini, place it between two chopsticks on the cutting board. This will prevent you from slicing through to the bottom..