Zucchini "meatballs". These vegetarian Zucchini Meatballs are delicious! Made with grated zucchini, Pecorino Romano, basil, bread crumbs and egg with a pomodoro sauce. Using a dish towel, squeeze out excess liquid from the shredded zucchini.
Ingredients of Zucchini "meatballs"
- It's of zucchinis 2 large.
- Prepare 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1 cup of parmesan grated.
- You need of basil fresh chopped.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare of garlic 2 minced.
- You need of olive oil.
These zucchini meatballs are packed with zucchini, cheese and seasonings. Zucchini muffins, baked zucchini and lasagna zucchini boats are more favorite summer squash recipes. These zucchini meatballs are a wonderful vegetarian alternative to an Italian classic. Serve these chicken meatballs on a skewer for a party-starting appetizer, pile atop a plate of pasta, or stuff inside a hoagie roll for a hearty sub.
Zucchini "meatballs" step by step
- Pre heat oven 400. Shred your zucchinis..
- Add oil to a saute pan and add garlic. Cook 30 seconds..
- Add zucchini. Salt pepper. Fold and mix on high till water has evaporated. 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool in a caulinder..
- In a bowl mix bread crumbs, parmesan, zucchini, basil, and egg..
- Roll into little balls. Place on baking dish. Bake 25 or so..
- In a sauté pan add marinara sauce. Add zucchini balls and cook about 5 minutes. Serve over spaghetti. Enjoy..
- You can "fry" the zucchini balls in a saute pan to crisp them up instead of baking..
These Ricotta Zucchini "Meatballs" are melt-in-your-mouth-amazing zucchini meatballs with ricotta and parmesan cheese, topped with a warm and bubbly tomato sauce! Arrange the zucchini meatballs on a nonstick baking sheet. Lay out the meatballs in rows. Be the first to review this recipe. Serve Zucchini Meatballs over pasta and sauce with a side of veggies.