Skordalia with Zucchini Chips (Greek garlic sauce). Zucchini chips with skordalia.. by braising half-moons of zucchini in a basic tomato-basil-garlic sauce, almost as a ritual. . the slices with the Greek garlic-almond sauce skordalia but . Great recipe for Skordalia with Zucchini Chips (Greek garlic sauce). You can decrease the number of garlic cloves to make it lighter but traditionally it is supposed to have a stronger garlic taste.
Ingredients of Skordalia with Zucchini Chips (Greek garlic sauce)
- Prepare 4 of potatoes.
- It's 6-7 of garlic cloves.
- It's 3/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vinegar.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- It's 3 of zucchini for chips.
When the garlic paste is consistent, add the olive oil and vinegar a little at a time, continuing to mash. This lovely Greek garlic sauce goes great with bread, fish, and many other Greek recipes. Skordalia takes its name from the Greek word for garlic - skordo, hence skordaliai. It is a Greek garlic dip.
Skordalia with Zucchini Chips (Greek garlic sauce) instructions
- Crush garlic in a mortar. Boil potatoes and mash well until a paste. Add olive oil and vinegar alternately in small amounts stirring briskly with pestle. Add salt and pepper. Stir until stiff enough to hold its shape..
- Cut zucchini in round pieces. Dip in light flour batter and fry to make chips.
Yes, it's heavy on the garlic. You can of course ease back on the garlic if you wish. But honestly, skordalia is just brilliant with all that garlic goodness. Just wouldn't be the same if you cut back on the pungency. Cut the garlic into thin slices with a knife.