Zucchini Parmesan with Red Sauce. Dip each zucchini coin into the parmesan mixture, turning to coat and pressing Sprinkle zucchini layer with mozzarella and the remaining parmesan. Stuffed zucchini boats filled with the flavors of chicken parmesan. This low carbohydrate, high protein meal will leave you feeling satisfied!
Ingredients of Zucchini Parmesan with Red Sauce
- It's 4 of zucchini.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- It's Pinch of pepper.
- Prepare Pinch of garlic.
- You need 1 jar of veggie marinara sauce.
- You need of Angel hair pasta.
- It's of Mozzarella cheese (shredded).
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
Garden-fresh zucchini and tomatoes bake to perfection with a For extra color and flavor, add layer the fried zucchini with red bell pepper strips or add a layer of sliced mushrooms before you add the tomatoes. Fresh breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper finishes it all off! You'll knock their socks off with this easy-to-prep side dish that's absolutely delicious. The zucchini is breaded and shallow-fried, then layered into a baking dish with mozzarella, Parmesan, and marinara.
Zucchini Parmesan with Red Sauce instructions
- Cut zucchini in halves and disgorge them for 10 minutes to remove excess water..
- Season zucchini with salt, pepper, and garlic. Top with marinara sauce.
- Add desired amount of Mozz and Parm. I added more garlic on top the cheeses..
- Cook in the oven on 375°F for 25 minutes..
- While cooking in the oven, make the angel hair pasta and add remaining or desired amount of marinara sauce to the cooked angel hair pasta..
This recipe calls for jarred sauce for ease, but you can also make your own. And while I used low-moisture mozzarella, you red-meat-free. Layers of zucchini, rich tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese makes this easy, gluten free recipe the perfect meatless meal or side dish. To assemble layer the cooked zucchini with the tomato sauce and grated or shredded cheese. Finish with a generous layer of mozzarella cheese.