Courgette Pie (Kolokythopita). This Kolokithopita recipe is made with juicy zucchinis, tangy feta cheese and creamy Greek yogurt, all combined Our very best Greek zucchini pie recipe (kolokithopita) for the lovers of Greek cuisine! Pites like this Greek zucchini pie, are what Greeks call their pies that are made with vegetables or cheese surrounded It is just one layer of dough, kind of like a pie crust but thinner and more tender. The best Greek Kolokithopita (Greek Zucchini Pie) recipe for all Greek food lovers!
Ingredients of Courgette Pie (Kolokythopita)
- Prepare 3 of large Courgettes.
- It's 100 grams of Parmesan Cheese grated.
- Prepare 100 grams of Feta Cheese in small cubes.
- You need 1 of large Onion grated.
- It's 3 of Eggs beaten.
- It's 150 grams of All Purpose Flour.
- It's 50 grams of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Olive Oil.
- It's 1/4 cup of Dille chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of Parsley chopped.
- You need of Salt.
- It's of Pepper.
Let this delicately flavoured vegetable take centre stage with our top-rated courgette recipes - including salads, courgetti, soups, frittatas and even cakes. This pie recipe will be loved by vegetarians and meat lovers, too. We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. Amateur Cook Professional Eater - Greek recipes cooked again and again: Courgette pie with ground beef.
Courgette Pie (Kolokythopita) instructions
- Grate Courgette in a bowl, and add 1 teaspoon of salt, and then place into a strainer for at least 2 hrs. so that all the water is drained out. Just to be sure squeeze the Courgettes so that it is completely dried from water..
- Place Courgette into a large bowl and slowly start adding in all the ingredients. Start off with the eggs and then Feta and continue with the herbs, bread crumbs, flour..
- Just a note that the Parmesan Cheese and Olive Oil should be the last ingredients tossed into the mixture..
- I use a tart baking pan for this recipe, if you don’t have one, you can use any small baking pan. Oil brush the pan first, and then sprinkle flour on all sides so that the Courgette mixture does not stick to the baking pan..
- Bake for 1 hr. at 180 degrees and until golden brown on top and bottom. When it is baked set aside to cool off for about 1/2 hr. Kali Orexi!!!.
Newspaper article Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Pittsburgh, PA). This lovely Greek pie is simple to make, freezes well and tastes just as good warm out of the oven as it is at room. A savoury summer pie filled with courgettes, ricotta and provolone cheese and seasoned with garlic and basil. Kolokithopita is a delicious pie, which consists of shredded pumpkin, sugar and pepper- then wrapped in homemade fillo pastry and baked to perfection! Download Courgette pie stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.