Zucchini Boats. After working hard all our lives and raising a family, we're now enjoying a simpler life. Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats are perfect for summer zucchinis, stuffed with Italian chicken sausage, topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. These Taco Zucchini Boats are the perfect use for the abundance of summer zucchini.
Ingredients of Zucchini Boats
- Prepare 1 pound of ground sausage (ground: beef, turkey, chicken optional).
- It's 8 oz of (1/2 16oz jar) hot salsa (mild optional).
- It's 6 of medium zucchini.
- You need 1 cup of mozzarella or Cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare 1 cup of part skim ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mrs. Dash.
Use Your Garden Zucchini to Make. These zucchini boats are a healthy and flavorful Italian-inspired meal, and a delicious way to sneak in some extra veggies! Sailing Into a Tasty Meal with Zucchini Boats. Easy Stuffed Zucchini Boats have so much flavor with ground turkey, mushrooms, pasta sauce, and cheese.
Zucchini Boats instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground sausage, and drain off any grease. Add salsa and mix well, and let simmer for 5–7 minutes to let flavors meld..
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese with egg and add Mrs. Dash (mix well).
- Slice zucchini lengthwise, and scoop out the center using a teaspoon..
- Place zucchini boats on a baking sheet, and spoon in a heaping teaspoon of ricotta mixture, then spoon on the salsa meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes..
This is a healthier dinner recipe your whole family will love. Zucchini taco boats are easy to make and are a fun way to put a healthy twist on taco night! This zucchini boat recipe is low-carb, paleo, keto. Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats are loaded with taco seasoned ground beef, cheese and topped with your favorite toppings. These make a delicious low carb meal and are perfect for using up that zucchini!