Baked Aubergine & Zucchini topped with Cottage Cheese Casserole. This soft fleshy vegetable is great in curries, dips, sides, salads and other veggie recipes. Cut the aubergines in half lengthways, leaving the stalks intact. Learn how to make this healthy baked and roasted aubergine veggie dish with our easy step-by-step recipe video.
Ingredients of Baked Aubergine & Zucchini topped with Cottage Cheese Casserole
- You need 1 of kilo Aubergines/Eggplants sliced.
- It's 1 of Zucchini sliced.
- It's 2 of medium size Onions diced.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 of kilo fresh Tomatoes grated and 2 tablespoons of Tomato Paste.
- It's 2 of Garlic Cloves diced (optional).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of Cottage Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It's of Sugar.
- You need of Pepper.
The trick is to treat them like you would a good cut of meat - take time. You could measure my life in pasta suppers, but increasingly I lean towards those without cheese and cream. This one is a current weekday favourite, says Nigel Slater. Simplest Baked Aubergine (Eggplant) with Tomato & Pesto.
Baked Aubergine & Zucchini topped with Cottage Cheese Casserole instructions
- Place sliced Aubergines and brush with vegetable oil into baking pan and bake until Aubergines have softened..
- Crush garlic cloves…..
- Add olive oil into a sauce pan, the ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes..
- Place Zucchini on the bottom of the baking pan, and start to tightly roll Aubergines. Place one next to the other and around the pan. Aubergines should be tightly rolled..
- Pour tomato sauce into baking pan and bake for 25 minutes. Once this is ready top by adding Cottage Cheese or any cheese of your choice, bake for another 15 minutes. That’s it 🙂.
- Kali Orexi!!!!.
The aubergine and tomato would also make an excellent sauce for pasta. Just roughly chop the cooked vegetables and stir through hot pasta. Try our easy layered Persian aubergine bake with crumbled feta. This vegetarian recipe is a simple and comforting one-pot to make in the winter months. Download Baked aubergine stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.