Zucchini and Meatballs. These meatless Zucchini Meatballs are made with grated zucchini, garlic, Pecorino Romano, basil, bread crumbs and egg, then baked in the oven and finished in a pomodoro sauce. Zucchini "Meatballs" from Delish.com are the best! Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Ingredients of Zucchini and Meatballs
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1/4 c of seasoned dry breadcrumbs.
- You need 3 Tbsp of parsley or Italian seasoning.
- It's 1/3 c of Parmesan cheese, grated.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves chopped.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 (25 oz) of spaghetti sauce.
- It's 4 of medium zucchini, cut into noodles with a sprializer.
- Prepare 1 c of Provolone cheese, grated (optional).
Healthy turkey meatballs are simple to make, and when served with zucchini noodles, you've got yourself an easy healthy dinner recipe. Without fail, you will find me at a gym every Monday-Friday. These zucchini meatballs are a wonderful vegetarian alternative to an Italian classic. Return browned meatballs and any accumulated juices to skillet.
Zucchini and Meatballs step by step
- Combine turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, seasonings, garlic, Parmesan in a bowl. Form into meatballs..
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally until all sides are brown 4-6 minutes..
- Continue to cook on stove turning heat down to med-low slowly add in spaghetti sauce. Simmer turning meatballs occasionally, 16 minutes..
- In separate skillet add tablespoon of oil med-high heat. Add zucchini and cook untl just tender 2 minutes. Don't over cook. Season with salt and pepper to your liking (Note:not too much)..
- Sprinkle provolone over meatballs, until melted..
- Serve meatballs over noodles topped with Parmesan..
Transfer zucchini to colander and shake to remove any excess liquid. Transfer zucchini to large serving bowl, add several spoonfuls of. Serve these chicken meatballs on a skewer for a party-starting appetizer, pile atop a plate of pasta, or stuff inside a hoagie roll for a hearty sub. While the meatballs are cooking, spiralize the zucchini into noodles. Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add olive oil and butter.