Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama. These are stuffed with either meat and spices, meat and rice, or rice and herbs for a vegan version. I'm going out to harvest my koussa zukes. They are a lovely small size like those in your photo.
Ingredients of Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama
- Prepare 1 kg of baby zucchini, washed.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes, cut in slices.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, dissolved in 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of vegetable oil, for frying.
- Prepare of For the stuffing:.
- It's 250 g of coarsely ground beef.
- It's 3 of onions, finely minced.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of pine nuts.
- It's 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It's 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
See great recipes for Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama too! A co-worker shared this chicken zucchini casserole recipe that was originally her grandmother's. To make it vegetarian, I substitute chopped mushrooms for ground meat, to great effect. Packed full of the fresh flavors of summer, this vegetable casserole is a great way to use up extra garden veggies.
Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat - koussa ablama step by step
- Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a corer, pierce the top and remove the insides, making sure to keep a relatively thick outer layer that can hold the stuffing..
- To prepare the stuffing: fry the pine nuts and onions in 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil until pine nuts are slightly roasted and the onions are soft..
- Stir in the meat, pepper, cinnamon and salt. Cook for 10 min until the meat is done. Remove from heat and let it cool..
- Stuff the zucchini, making sure they are fully stuffed..
- In a saucepan, fry the stuffed zucchini in ¾ cup of vegetable oil, turning them every few minutes until both sides are slightly brown. Remove from oil and arrange them in a baking tray..
- Preheat the oven to medium heat..
- Put the tomato slices on top of the zucchini and pour over the dissolved tomato paste. Add enough water to cover the zucchinis and tomato slices..
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and bake in the oven for 30 min or until the sauce thickens..
- Serve hot with vermicelli rice..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'vermicelli rice' under my profile..
Topped with a crispy Parmesan and bread crumb topping, this side dish is a welcome addition to any meal. Pat the zucchini dry and fill the cavity with the stuffing. Go ahead and really pack the filling in there before mounding it on top. This will help it hold together when you slice the zucchini later. Casserole with ground meat and zucchini.