Courgettes and peas bake. Baked pasta with peas and bechamel. Heat oil in a large heavy-based ovenproof pan over a high heat. Add garlic and lemon zest and cook fo.
Ingredients of Courgettes and peas bake
- You need 4 of courgettes.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 200 g of short pasta.
- You need 50 g of breadcumbs.
- It's 8-10 of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare half of tsp of nutmeg.
- It's 2-3 of bay leaves.
- It's 2-3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
It is robust enough to handle being ferried around in a cool bag with a bottle of wine. We are the UK's number one food brand. Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help. Stir in the courgettes, peas, feta, spring onions, dill and chilli flakes, if using.
Courgettes and peas bake step by step
- Add a pinch of salt to one tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick pan. Chop the onions finely and shallow fry them for five minutes or so until golden..
- In the meantime, chop the courgettes. The smaller you chop them, the sooner they will become mushy - so it depends on your preference. These are 1-2 cm..
- Add the courgettes to the pan with the nutmeg, the bay leaves and a generous pinch of pepper. Stir and cover with a lid. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes..
- Once they have become soft and creamy, remove the lid but continue cooking so that the water evaporates..
- In the meantime, preheat the oven at 200 C. Cook the pasta with the peas. Leave the pasta a few minutes undercooked as it will finish cooking in the oven..
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half..
- Once cooked, mix the pasta and the peas in with the courgettes and remove from heat. Add salt to taste..
- Fill an oven dish with the pasta and courgettes, cover it with the breadcrumbs and lay the tomatoes on top. Drizzle generously with olive oil..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the breadcrumbs look crispy. (I burned the tomatoes a bit here)..
A summer favourite, courgettes can be transformed into all kinds of fantastic dishes. We've got pizza, soufflé, courgetti and even a courgette cake recipe.. Pea, courgette and parmesan cheese soup. Top with half the leeks and a handful of cheese, again layering evenly. Then layer with the rest of the courgettes, leeks, cheese, etc, and season with salt and pepper.