Roasted Zucchini. Gently mix in the herbs and salt. Roasted Zucchini, however, is easy to store in your refrigerator! Here's how: After the Roasted Zucchini has cooled completely, transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate.
Ingredients of Roasted Zucchini
- Prepare 2 of zucchini.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of peanut oil (or other oil that can stand high heat).
- You need of Salt.
Thanks to a healthy sprinkling of parmesan, it's one of those unicorn veggie recipes that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Oven-roasted zucchini with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs is a crunchy and cheesy side dish to go alongside a variety of meat dishes. Baked zucchini is the perfect side dish for just about any meal! Garden fresh zucchini is tossed with olive oil and herbs and topped with a pinch of parmesan cheese.
Roasted Zucchini instructions
- Cut the zucchini in half, length-wise. (Depending on the size of the zucchini and the pan you’re cooking in, you may have to trim a bit off the end.).
- Score the middle in a cross-cross pattern and sprinkle a generous amount of salt over the zucchini halves. The salt will draw out the water and help it soften up nicely when you cook it. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes..
- Then take a paper towel and lay it over the top of the zucchini halves, making sure to absorb the water that’s come to the surface..
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and pour the cooking oil into a large sautée pan and get it hot over a medium flame..
- Cook the garlic and zucchini in the pan for about 7 minutes, until it starts to brown..
- Once the zucchini is cooked and browned a bit, put the pan in the oven and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes..
- Take out of the oven and transfer to a plate with paper towels on it. Absorb any excess oil and salt & pepper to taste. Then, serve and enjoy! 🙂.
These baked zucchini rounds come out perfectly tender crisp with a golden parmesan cheese topping. Serve with steaks, burgers, chicken… or even to snack on on their own! Baked zucchini chips coated in bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese are a tasty alternative to fries and potato chips. Find zucchini recipes, videos, and ideas from Food Network. Tasty zucchini are abundant in gardens and farmers markets during the summer months.