Chickpeas & Orzo & Zucchini. You'll love this salad warm or chilled. For variety, add feta cheese or use Spicy Lentil & Chickpea Stew. This recipe came to me from a friend who had worked at a health food.
Ingredients of Chickpeas & Orzo & Zucchini
- It's 1 cup of Orzo cook from direction.
- It's 2 of medium zucchini, clean & dice in pieces.
- Prepare 1 of red onion diced.
- It's 1 clove of garlic diced.
- It's of Vegetable stock for the orzo.
- It's 1/2 cup of parmasan cheese graded.
- It's 2 tbs of olive oil.
- It's 1 can of chickpeas drained.
Chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans, ceci, and bengal gram) are loved around the globe. Canned or dried, they've got a prime spot in our pantry. These nutritional overachievers are chock-full of fiber and protein. Canned chickpeas: Canned chickpeas are pre-cooked chickpeas.
Chickpeas & Orzo & Zucchini instructions
- Cook orzo by package directions. But instead of water use vegetable stock hold back 2 cups of stock to mix in later.
- Sauté red onion, garlic, zucchini in a medium sauté pan with 2 tbs olive oil untill soft..
- Mix in orzo, parmasan cheese, chickpeas and stock mix and warm untill cheese is melted and chickpeas are warm on low heat. Eat and enjoy. If you try this give some puctures. Thanks..
You can eat canned chickpeas straight out of the can! Just be sure to rinse them off before chowing down to wash out excess sodium! chickpea — chick Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, are rich in nutrients and may provide a range of health benefits. In this article, learn more about the nutritional contents of chickpeas and how to use them. chickpea [ˈtʃɪkpi:]Существительное. chickpea / chickpeas. Chickpeas, also referred to as garbanzo beans, are usually boiled.