Pumpkin, Chickpea & Zucchini Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian). Alone, this Moroccan Pumpkin & Chickpea Stew recipe is hearty, add a grain and not only does it make it that much more filling, it will make the stew go even farther. Pumpkin and Chickpeas Combine For the Creamiest Vegan Soup Ever. From Anna Monette Roberts, POPSUGAR Food.
Ingredients of Pumpkin, Chickpea & Zucchini Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian)
- It's 1/2 of Butternut Pumpkin (600gms).
- It's 1 of Zucchini.
- You need 2 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 handfuls of Baby Spinach.
- Prepare 1 of Brown Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic Clove.
- You need 1 Tbs of Fresh Ginger grated.
- Prepare 500 mls of Vegetable Stock.
- It's 1 Can (240 gm) of Chickpeas.
- You need 1 Can (400 gm) of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of Coconut (or Greek) yoghurt.
- You need 2 Tbs of Olive Oil (or vegetable oil).
- Prepare of The Spices.
- It's 4 of Cardamom Pods.
- You need 3 of Cloves.
- Prepare 2 of Star Anise.
- You need 4 of Curry Leaves.
- Prepare 2 of Bay Leaves.
- It's 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Fenugreek Seeds.
- You need 2 of Tsps Ground Corriander.
- It's 2 of Tsps Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Garam Masala.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Ground Tumeric.
- You need of Fresh or dried chili.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
Why you'll love this Chickpea Pumpkin Biryani: it's filling and satisfying. Moroccan Pumpkin, Chickpea and Tomato Soup Recipe. This satisfying vegetarian Moroccan soup with pumpkin and chickpeas is fragrant with Moroccan spices of saffron, ginger, cinnamon, and Ras. This delicious pumpkin and chickpea curry is an easy and inexpensive dinner to make.
Pumpkin, Chickpea & Zucchini Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian) instructions
- Saute Onions, Ginger and Garlic on low heat in olive oil for approx 10 minutes.
- Add all Spices to pan and and fry for a minute or 2 (or until fragrant).
- Add all vegetables minus the Spinach and stir.
- Add the canned Tomatoes, Chickpeas, Stock, Yoghurt & bring to boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat to low and simmer for approx 20-30mins (or until pumpkin is soft). Add the Spinach a few minutes before removing the pot from the heat.
The spices are mild, adding flavour without heat, so it's a perfect curry for kids. Turn this into a vegan curry by leaving. This delicious meat-free curry from Jamie Oliver is the perfect warming dish to enjoy with your mates after you've been out for Bonfire Night. This one pot pumpkin curry is an easy, autumnal red curry featuring veggies, chickpeas, and creamy pumpkin! I'm having my annual trepidation about pumpkin season.