Stuffed Zucchini (Low Carb, Vegetarian/Vegan Option also). Low-carb diets also improve health in other ways. With the deep, delicious flavor of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes layered in for even more satisfaction. If you are looking for a low-carb vegetarian dreamboat, hooboy, have we got your number.
Ingredients of Stuffed Zucchini (Low Carb, Vegetarian/Vegan Option also)
- Prepare of The Sauce.
- Prepare 700 ml of bottle Tomato Passata.
- Prepare 1 Can of Chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Medium Onion (finely chopped).
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves (crushed).
- Prepare 1-2 of whole dried Chili.
- It's 1 tsp of Corriander Powder.
- It's 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Cayenne.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried Mint.
- It's 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tbs of Salt.
- Prepare of Zucchini Filling.
- Prepare 300 gms of Cauliflower (processed).
- It's 300 gms of Mushrooms (processed) or replace/mix with mince beef.
- It's 1 of Medium Tomato (finely chopped).
- It's 1 of Medium Onion (finely chopped).
- It's 2 of Garlic Cloves (crushed).
- It's 1 tbs of Fresh Parsley (finely chopped).
- It's 1 tbs of Fresh Corriander (finely chopped).
- It's 1 1/2 tbs of Pine Nuts.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Dried Mint.
- You need 2 tsp of Corriander Powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Paprika Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It's 1 tbs of salt (or to taste).
- You need of Others.
- Prepare 6 of Zucchinis (cored).
- It's of Approx 2 cups water.
These easy-to-make low-carb vegetarian recipes are filling and delicious, too. Going meat-free has never tasted better. Either way, nobody wants to carb-load just to stay full while avoiding meat. Don't get us wrong: Once in a while, we love indulging in hearty, veggie mac 'n' cheese or a stuffed sweet.
Stuffed Zucchini (Low Carb, Vegetarian/Vegan Option also) instructions
- For the Sauce - prepare ingredients as per ingredients list. Saute the onion (in olive oil which I accidentally left out of the ingredients list) and garlic on low for approx 5mins. Add the chili, herbs and Spices and stir. Add the tinned tomato and passata and simmer on low..
- While the sauce simmers, you can prepare the zucchini filling (I have included a pic of the meat mix version also).
- For the zucchini filling, prepare the ingredients as per the ingredients list. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. In a frying pan, add a tbs or so of oil and fry the filling mixture on low, stirring regularly for approx 7mins and set aside..
- By this time, you can turn the sauce off and set aside. Take out a cup of the sauce and mix into the filling mixture..
- To core the zucchini, use whichever utensils work for you. I use a combination of a knife, teaspoon, large spoon and a tea towel (wrapped around the spoon handle) 😂. You can also half the zucchini if you are using long green Zucchinis and core out each side rather than the whole zucchini..
- Fill the cored zucchinis with the filling mixture..
- Place the sauce on the bottom of the pot. Place the zucchini in the pot standing up right. Pour in around 1-2 cups Water. Cover and simmer for approx 45mins to an hour (or bake in an oven for an hour and half)..
- Serve - I serve mine with a Greek or Coconut Yoghurt and or feta also 😁.
A stuffing made with Italian bread, garlic, parsley, Romano cheese and oregano is stuffed between the leaves of whole artichokes. It combines zucchini and bell pepper with Cheddar cheese, spices and crispy corn flakes. The Ultimate LOW-CARB Vegetarian Cookbook: Suddenly being a low-carb vegetarian just got a whole lot easier AND healthier. Eggplant parmesan bites, broccoli and cauliflower bake (omit the bacon of course), and then there are cream cheese stuffed baby peppers - the perfect vegetarian. Atkins' low carb diet is designed to help vegetarians and vegans lose weight, while reducing cholesterol.