Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian). Fresh zucchini are cut and stuffed with a super flavorful mixture of Parmesan and Romano cheeses, Panko bread crumbs, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and sautéed onion and then baked until tender and golden. These vegetarian stuffed zucchinis are perfectly tender and fresh with the flavors of the Mediterranean. Olives and feta cheese deliver a nice salty bite, while quinoa adds a nutty flavor, along with protein and fiber.
Ingredients of Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian)
- You need 2 of zucchini.
- You need 2 of mozzarella slices.
- Prepare 1/4 of texturized soy (dry).
- You need 1 cup of mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of green onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of seeds (I used a mixture of sunflower, pumpkin, flaxseeds and chia seeds).
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need of Spices: Garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, cayenne and cumin.
- It's 1/2 cup of tomato sauce (homemade or already done).
The recipe is meat-free, plant-based, relatively low-carb, and easy to make! You can use your favorite veggies and sub chickpeas for other beans or lentils. Place stuffed zucchini in baking pan; cover with foil. Topped with a drizzle of vegan cheese sauce, they become total vegan comfort food and make a perfectly light summer meal.
Stuffed zucchini (vegetarian) instructions
- First cut the zucchini in 2 parts and quit the seeds part. Put in the oven the zucchini for 20 minutes at 400 F.
- Cut the inside of the zucchini in small dices, also the mushrooms and the green onions.
- The texturized soy put it in the microwave for 5 minutes with the same volume of water than texturized soy.
- Put in a frying pot the olive oil, and put the zucchini dices, the texturized soy, the green onions and the mushrooms (in this order, wait a little bit between all of them). Put all the seasoning once the mushrooms are almost done, and the tomate sauce. Once everything is mixed, let it cooling down..
- Take the zucchinis and put the mixture inside. If you want you can add some egg to get more consistency.
- Put the mozzarella and the seeds and again to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy!!! You will be surprised of how the texturized soy tastes to ground turkey or so. This dish is great nutritionally talking, super tasty and delicious! Tell me if you try :).
- Nutrient information + texturized soy.
Pin it for Later A vegetarian stuffed zucchini recipe with artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and a crispy Parmesan cheese and panko topping. Adapted from Cooking Light's Stuffed Zucchini with Cheesy Breadcrumbs. Healthy Living Enjoy these Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Boats. With basil, fresh tomatoes and cracker crumbs, these Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Boats are sure to be a hit. Here's all you need: Zucchini, of course!