Zucchini Fritters. With freshly grated zucchini, egg, flour, and herbs, they are easy. Serve with a garlicky lemony sour cream dipping sauce. Zucchini Fritters - These fritters are unbelievably easy to make, low calorie, and the Now these fritters are unbelievably easy to whip up.
Ingredients of Zucchini Fritters
- You need 2 lb of zucchini about 2 large or 5 medium.
- It's 1 tsp of plus 1/2 tsp salt.
- It's 1/2 cup of chopped green onions.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It's 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1/4 cup of Parmesan.
- It's 2 of large eggs lightly beaten.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil for sautéing.
- Prepare of Sour Cream to serve.
I wouldn't say that I'm a budget. Begin by shredding the zucchini on a box grater or in a food processor. Transfer the zucchini to a fine mesh strainer, then toss with the salt to draw out the liquid. Zucchini Fritters Adapted a bit from Simply Recipes.
Zucchini Fritters step by step
- Wash zucchini and trim off ends. Grate on the large holes of a box grater. Place the grated zucchini in a large mixing bowl, stir in 1 tsp salt and set aside for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes, squeeze handfuls of zucchini tightly over the sink to remove extra water. It helps to wring it out in a cheesecloth if you have one. It is amazing how much water comes out! You should end up with 3 1/2 to 4 cups of squeezed dry zucchini. Transfer to a large mixing bowl..
- Add the chopped green onions, garlic, flour, parmesan and eggs to the zucchini mixture. Season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Stir until well combined..
- Place a large heavy bottomed cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the zucchini mixture a heaping tablespoon at a time (or use an ice cream scoop to create equal size fritters) and flatten out the tops slightly to make them pancake shaped. Sauté 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!.
Zucchini fritters made extra crispy and extra tasty with the addition of parmesan! Make shredded zucchini using a food processor (I did) or a. Zucchini Fritters Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls into hot oil. Fry until deep golden brown, turning once.