Zucchini and Sweet Corn Crustless Pie. It was a little different than my version because Meatless Monday? I'm all over it when it involves mushrooms, sweet corn, and zucchini baked into a cheesy crustless pie. Crustless Zucchini Pie is an easy gluten-free pie made with boiled potatoes.
Ingredients of Zucchini and Sweet Corn Crustless Pie
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced.
- It's 2 of zucchini, sliced thinly (about 4 cups).
- Prepare 8 oz. of sliced mushrooms.
- It's 2 ears of sweet corn, kernels sliced off (about 1 cup).
- It's 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried oregano.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It's 1/4 tsp. of each pepper, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- It's 4 oz. of freshly shredded swiss cheese.
- It's 4 oz. of freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- You need 2 oz. of freshly shredded sharp yellow cheddar.
- It's 4 of large eggs, beaten.
I made this by thinly slicing the zucchini and alternating layers with shallots, sweet onions, and. Peggy Gandy of South Amboy, New Jersey makes the most of her zucchini harvest by baking this crowd-pleasing entree. The golden-brown pies slice so beautifully you can serve them to company! This sweet corn zucchini pie recipe tastes amazing, is easy to make and is perfect for a spring brunch.
Zucchini and Sweet Corn Crustless Pie instructions
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Once it's melted, add the onion and mushrooms. Cook for 3 or so minutes, then add the zucchini and corn. Cook until everything has a chance to soften, about 5 or so minutes, then stir in the garlic and cook for another minute or so before removing the pan from the heat. Make sure to strain out any excess liquid in the pan, then place the veggies in a large bowl and let them cool for just a few minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 9" pie dish with parchment paper. Once the veggies have cooled slightly, stir in the seasonings, beaten eggs and most of the cheese (reserve a handful for topping). Pour the veggie mix put into the lined pie dish and sprinkle the extra cheese evenly over the top..
- Bake for 25 or so minutes, until the center is completely set and cooked through. Check on it at about halfway through and if its browning too quickly, then loosely cover it with foil. Once it's done, remove it from the oven and let it sit for 10 or so minutes before slicing and serving..
We loved the idea of creating a vegetarian dish that's a lot like a quiche, but not so 'eggy.' The results hit the spot on every level with the sweet and savory flavors of corn and zucchini! You'll need sweet corn, thinly sliced zucchini, mushrooms, eggs and plenty of cheese to make what will surely become a summer staple for your family On the other hand, you can also make a version of this pie with very few ingredients. This crustless quiche is incredibly easy. I love making low carb quiches for my family. They're always a crowd pleaser, and the leftovers usually last us several days.