Pizza bake with zucchini crust. So much that we made it two days in a row. Zucchini Pizza Crust Recipe - low-calorie pizza, made with zucchini crust, topped with fresh tomatoes and cheese. Yes, absolutely, you can freeze this zucchini pizza crust once it is baked and before you add the toppings.
Ingredients of Pizza bake with zucchini crust
- You need 4 c of shredded unpeeled zucchini (about 2 large zucchini).
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 c of Italian style bread crumbs.
- It's 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 of eggs lightly beaten.
- It's 1/2 c of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 3 c of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 c of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It's 1/2 of an onion, chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It's 1/2 c of sliced fresh mushrooms.
- It's 1/2 c of sliced black olives.
Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Zucchini Pizza Bake Haiku: "Don't hate my review! I made the 'crust' more like - crust. But, O M G, Wow!" This zucchini pizza crust is low-carb, unbelievably simple and absolutely amazing.
Pizza bake with zucchini crust step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Place zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let drain for 15 minutes then squeeze out the moisture..
- Combine zucchini, eggs, parmesan, 1 c mozzarella and 1/2 c Monterey Jack, bread crumbs and garlic in a large bowl. Press the mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 20 minutes..
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat with olive oil. Heat until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in tomato sauce, salt & pepper (to taste) and Italian seasoning..
- Spoon meat mixture over baked zucchini crust. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Monterey Jack over top. Top with mushrooms and olives..
- Bake for 20 mins or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving..
- All done!.
Zucchini crust might take over the world. This low-carb zucchini pizza crust is totally and completely out of this world amazing. This Zucchini Pizza Crust recipe is gluten-free and flavored with savory herbs of thyme and oregano. This gluten-free zucchini pizza crust is a simple combination of zucchini, egg, and mozzarella cheese, plus a little Italian seasoning and of course some Like it's more trendy cousin, the cauliflower crust, this zucchini pizza crust is for anyone who wants a lighter, equally delicious twist on classic pizza. Place zucchini mixture on the pizza pan, spreading out to the edges of the pan.