Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats. This has become a favorite in my house! Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats are loaded with taco seasoned ground beef, cheese and topped with your favorite toppings. These make a delicious low carb meal and are perfect for using up that zucchini!
Ingredients of Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- It's 4 of zucchini.
- You need 1/2 cup of salsa.
- It's 1 lb of ground turkey.
- It's 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 of small onion minced.
- You need 2 tbls of bell pepper minced.
- You need 4 oz of tomato sauce.
- It's 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mexican shredded cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
Zucchini taco boats are easy to make and are a fun way to put a healthy twist on taco night! This zucchini boat recipe is low-carb, paleo, keto, and Whole. Zucchini boats stuffed with a tasty taco filling are a healthy, Mexican-inspired appetizer or main meal. Avoid zucchini boredom with stuffed boats!
Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats step by step
- Preheat oven to 400..
- Half and hollow out zucchini leaving 1/4" thick. Set aside 3/4 cup for taco mixture..
- Boil zucchini halves for 1 minute.
- Brown turkey, add spices and mix well..
- Add onion, pepper, zucchini, tomato sauce and water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Put 1/4 cup salsa in bottom of baking dish..
- Fill zucchini halves with taco mixture. Top with cheese..
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes..
- Serve with cilantro and salsa..
I quickly get bored with zucchini breads and simple stir-fries, and am always looking for fun ways to That's why I love this recipe for Taco-Stuffed Zucchini Boats. It's fairly simple to make and has great flavor from the mix of ground beef, onions. These Taco Zucchini Boats are the perfect use for the abundance of summer zucchini. I've already shared Lasagna Zucchini Boats, Chicken Enchilada Zucchini Boats, Zucchini Pizza Boats and even Philly Cheesesteak Zucchini Boats (oh and then last week I made a Chicken Parm Zucchini Boat. This zucchini boats recipe is simple, and for the taco fixings, we're using minced beef, onions, garlic, and red bell pepper.