Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears. Layer the tomatoes at a slight angle against one another, topping each slice with the bacon-onion mixture. If you love fried green tomatoes but looking for a different approach on preparing these tart beauties. Place in a bowl and cover with buttermilk.
Ingredients of Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears
- Prepare 1 of large or 2 medium zucchini.
- It's 1-2 of fresh green tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It's of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Seasoning salt.
- You need of Cooking Oil.
Fried Green Tomato Parmesan. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I started out to make fried green tomatoes and took a detour. I remembered how delicious and surprising these parmesan crusted lamb chops Only, I didn't want to fry them; I wanted them oven baked. The idea of oven-baked started when one of the lady's who sells tomatoes at the farmer's.
Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears instructions
- Wash and cut tomatoes into slices and zucchini into spears. Mix bread crumbs in a flat mixing bowl or container with seasonings to taste and parmesan in desired amounts. Mix well. Crack eggs into a separate flat container and mix them up with some salt and pepper..
- Heat oil on stovetop in a pan for deep frying or heat your oil in a deep fryer. Dip veggies into egg mixture 1 at a time, and coat well. Next plunge the veggies into the bread crumb mixture and flip to coat well. Drop into oil for 2-5 mins or until deep fried and crispy..
- Remove from fryer and allow to cool on paper towels to drain grease. Serve and Enjoy Alone, with Ranch Dressing, or with Your Favorite Dip!.
Turn those green tomatoes into panko and parmesan fried green tomatoes topped with fresh mozzarella cheese and basil and finished Panko Crusted Baked Fried Green Tomatoes with Lulus Wow Sauce are crispy and crunchy on the outside just like you find with deep fried green tomatoes. Fried green tomatoes are like that. We know how we've been taught to like them - edges crisp and gritty with cornmeal, and tangy succulent Instead of a flour or cornmeal coating, I went for a jagged cloak of panko and Parmesan, which crisped beautifully and tasted deliciously of toasted, nutty cheese. Season the tomato slices with salt and pepper. Get delicious green tomato recipes including green tomato jam, fried green tomatoes, green tomatoes parmesan and more green tomato recipes.