Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini. Linguine with Walnut Pesto. by Faith Durand. This pasta, served with a peppery arugula salad, is high on my list of favorite weeknight meals. Walnut pesto is common along the Ligurian coast, where basil pesto also originated.
Ingredients of Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini
- Prepare 1/4 cup of walnut halves.
- It's 1 of packed cup basil leaves.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- It's 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breast halves.
- It's 2 of zucchini, cut into 1/2 in slices and quartered.
- Prepare 1 lb of dry linguine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
I also added the zest of the lemon I squeezed. Learn how to make Linguine with Creamy Chicken and Walnuts. Creamy Zucchini Pesto Pasta with ChickenSlender Kitchen. zucchini, butter, pepper, onions Pesto Pasta With Chicken And Vegetables Recipes. Instant Pot Chicken Pesto PastaEating Instantly.
Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini step by step
- Put a small pan on medium heat and add the walnuts. Let the nuts toast for 2 minutes, shaking the pan often to move them around. Add the nuts to a food processor along with the basil, garlic, parmesan and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pulse a dozen or so times until the pesto reaches a uniform and just slightly chunky consistency..
- Cover the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film or parchment paper. Use a kitchen mallet, rolling pin or small heavy pot to pound the breasts until they're 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and sear them in the pan, about 4 to 5 minutes per side depending on thickness. Remove the chicken to a plate to rest and wipe the pan clean. You'll need it again shortly. Put a large pot of salted water on high heat for the pasta..
- Put the pan back on high heat and add a fresh splash of veg oil. Add the zucchini and fry until they start to caramelize and soften just a little, about 3 or 4 minutes. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. While you're cooking the zucchini, cook the linguine according to the package directions..
- Drag the cooked pasta from the pot to a large mixing bowl. Add 3 or 4 tablespoons of pesto as well as the cream, then toss to coat. If the pasta's too thick, add a ladle or so of the pasta cooking water. Plate the linguine, and top with the chicken breast and zucchini..
- Transfer any leftover pesto to a small container and top with a little extra virgin olive oil. Keep it in the fridge to be used again. Hint: it's amazing drizzled inside an omelette with a little cream cheese..
Herb and Lemon Chicken with Pesto PastaTwo Sisters Kitchens. lemon, linguine pasta, diced. We love this easy Linguine with Creamy Walnut Sauce, based on a dish we ate near Genoa. Just throw the mascarpone and other sauce ingredients It was the same trip where we first tried pesto. Scoop the pesto over the zucchini noodles, then add the cherry tomatoes and prosciutto. Toss until the zoodles are well-coated.