Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup. How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup: To get started, chop some carrots, onion and celery: I include more carrots and celery than what is traditional for a mirepoix because I love tasting the carrots Can chicken noodle soup be frozen? Yes, for up to three months. Chill it fully in the fridge before freezing.
Ingredients of Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup
- You need of Chicken.
- Prepare 1 lb of Chicken Breast.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It's 1 tbsp of Butter (Unsalted).
- It's 1 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Ground Parsley Flakes.
- It's 1 tbsp of Ground Orange Peel.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Grillin Mates Mesquite BBQ seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon, zested and juiced.
- You need of Mirepoix.
- Prepare 1/2 of Red Onion sliced (long strips).
- You need 3 of Celery (chopped 1/4” pieces).
- Prepare 3 of Carrots, Shredded thinly.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need of Soup.
- You need 1.5 of Zucchini’s (spiraled).
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken Broth.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
Much more nutritious than the canned version Well, would you guess that Chicken Noodle Soup has its very own Mirepoix? For a low carb version, serve this chicken noodle soup with spiralized zucchini instead of egg noodles. Not exactly my "type" of blackened chicken, though, most will probably find it delicious. I used real onion (not powdered) and a bit of garlic as well.
Blackened Chicken Mirepoix Zucchini Noodle Soup step by step
- In a skillet on low heat, melt butter. Added carrots, celery, and onion. Stir occasionally until translucent. The point of Mirepoix is to bring out the flavors in the veggies, rather than browning (sauté)..
- Meanwhile pat dry both sides of the chicken to remove outer juices, and season both sides and rubbing it into the meat..
- Heat another skillet medium-high heat. Add in oil to coat. Place in chicken and do not move for 6-8min. About halfway through, add in butter and let it froth. Coat the top of the chicken with a spoon (saucing). Flip (it may look slightly burnt, but that’s the goal). Continue to sauce the other side until about 165°-170° for at least 6min. Remove and let rest..
- In same skillet, reduce heat and let zucchini noodles (patted dry and salted) sauté for about 3min. Add chicken broth and let simmer..
- Slice about three strips of chicken per bowl, layer the bottom of the bowl with zucchini noodles and then pour some broth in about level to the noodles. Next, add in the Mirepoix, and top off with the chicken. Finally, squeeze a 1/4 wedge of lime lime over the chicken, and top it with some lime zest..
- Serve and Enjoy!.
This is a good basic blackening rub, and putting the chicken in the oven kept it so moist and yummy. Summer is off to quite a rainy start here in the Hudson Valley. The past two weeks have been scattered with a hearty dose of So ya know, this whole soup in June thing was bound to happen sooner or later 😉. Enter this Blackened Chicken Ramen Noodle Soup! Cook meatballs, turning carefully with spatula.