Fully Loaded Hasselback Zucchini. Zucchini takes the place of potatoes in this cheesy carb-slashed recipe. Your zucchini dreams have come true with these Loaded Hasselback Zucchini! This tasty foil-baked side is sure to impress and SO easy to make!
Ingredients of Fully Loaded Hasselback Zucchini
- It's 2 of medium-large zucchini (about 8 oz. each).
- Prepare Dash of each salt and black pepper.
- It's 1/2 cup of shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of light sour cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of chopped scallions.
- It's 1 tbsp. of precooked real crumbled bacon.
So delicious and so easy to make! So.hasselback zucchini (also known as accordion zucchini): why hasn't anyone told me about this delicious dish before? Loaded Hasselback Potatoes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Zucchini is great because it has very little flavor itself - that's why it can be used in sweet things like zucchini bread or savory things like this dish and still One friend remarked that she had never been a fan of zucchini, but that this recipe changed her mind.
Fully Loaded Hasselback Zucchini step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet, and spray with nonstick spray. Slice off and discard stem ends of zucchini. Cut slits through the width, about 1/2-inch apart, stopping about 1/4 inch from the bottom. Place zucchini on the center of the foil, and cover with another large piece of foil. Fold together and seal all four edges of the foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet..
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove sheet, and let cool for 5 minutes. Set oven to broil. Cut packet to release steam before removing the top piece of foil. Sprinkle zucchini with salt and pepper. Carefully sprinkle cheese into the slits of the zucchini. Broil until cheese has melted and lightly browned, about 1 minute. Top with remaining ingredients. MAKES 2 SERVINGS.
- Notes-When slicing each zucchini, place it between two chopsticks on the cutting board. This will prevent you from slicing through to the bottom..
And everyone was impressed with my ability to. This recipe for bacon cheddar hasselback potatoes is fully loaded and takes my original recipe to a new level. The recipe takes a basic potato that is sliced thinly and baked until the outside edges get nice and crispy, and then loads them up with cheddar and bacon in the spaces between the slices. Baked Hasselback zucchini is a simple yet gourmet-looking dish & also a healthy alternative for the traditional potato side. Serve it as a snack or salad.