Hobak Buchim (Zucchini Pancakes). All you need about what is zucchini. These Korean savory pancakes, called hobak buchim (호박부침) or buchimgae (부침개), are quick and easy to make and so delicious with summer zucchini! Perfect as a snack, an appetizer, or a light meal! hobak buchimgae (zucchini pancake) Zucchini Pancakes or Buchimgae is such a simple dish and yet the many possible variations makes it a must have in your everyday repertoire of Korean recipes.
Ingredients of Hobak Buchim (Zucchini Pancakes)
- You need of Pancake batter:.
- You need 1 of medium zucchini about 8 ounces.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 of medium onion thinly sliced.
- You need 2 of green hot chili peppers thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buchim garu (Korean savory pancake mix).
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need of vegetable or canola oil for frying.
- Prepare of Dipping Sauce:.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It's 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- It's 1 tablespoon of water.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It's pinch of black pepper.
- Prepare pinch of gochugaru (Korean red chili pepper flakes).
What's your favorite things to make with summer's bountiful zucchinis? These Korean savory pancakes, called hobak buchim (호박부침) or buchimgae (부침개), are quick and easy to make and so delicious with summer zucchini! Like pajeon and kimchijeon, hobak buchim (also called buchimgae) is a variation of savory Korean pancakes. You can make this recipe simply with zucchini, or add some other vegetables such as.
Hobak Buchim (Zucchini Pancakes) instructions
- Cut the zucchini into matchsticks. Place them in a bowl, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Let sit for about 10 minutes until wilted and released some liquid. Squeeze the liquid out from the zucchini as much as possible, reserving the liquid in the bowl. Set the zucchini aside..
- Mix the pancake mix and egg to the bowl then add with the zucchini squeezed mix. Mix everything well with a spoon, and then combine with the zucchini, onion and chili peppers. The zucchini mix may look stiff when mixing, but it will become more liquidly after a few minutes. If it’s still too stiff, mix in some water (2 to 3 tablespoons to start with)..
- Heat a skillet with two tablespoons of oil over medium high heat. Add about 2 heaping tablespoons of the batter and spread it evenly into a thin round shape. Depending on the size of your pan, you can cook 3 to 4 pancakes at once. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until the bottom is light golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Repeat the process with the remaining batter. Serve hot with a dipping sauce..
VEGAN + GLUTEN-FREE (Hobak Buchim) 바싹 호박 부침개 East Meets Kitchen. Combine zucchini, carrots and salt in a colander. Using a clean dish towel, squeeze out as much moisture from zucchini and carrots as possible (this is easiest done in batches). Place zucchini, carrots, green onions, garlic, ginger, flour, water and sesame oil in a bowl. To make these pancakes, start by washing the zucchini clean and drying it with a kitchen towel.