Becky's Potato Zucchini bake. Lightly seasoned potatoes, zucchini, and red bell pepper are baked together in this easy side dish. In a medium baking pan, toss together the zucchini, potatoes, red bell pepper, garlic, bread crumbs, and olive oil. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
Ingredients of Becky's Potato Zucchini bake
- It's 6 medium of red potatoes..washed,cut thinly.
- It's 4 small of zucchini..cut to 1/4 inch rounds.
- Prepare 2 of roma tomatoes..cut to 1/4 inch.
- You need 1 medium of vidalia onion..cut thinly.
- Prepare 2 cup of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water..add to crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fresh cracked pepper.
- It's 1/2 tsp of italian herbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mccormick sicilian style..spicy garlic blend..salt free.
- It's 2 tbsp of good olive oil..use some for oiling pan..rest for drizzling.
Use up your extra zucchini by putting a fresh twist on traditional potato pancakes. Squeeze zucchini with paper towels to remove excess moisture. In large bowl, stir together zucchini, potatoes, onion, flour, egg, salt and pepper until well blended. All Reviews for Italian Zucchini-Topped Baked Potato.
Becky's Potato Zucchini bake step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Oil a large casserole dish.
- Wash..and prepare the veggies.
- Mix the crushed tomatoes ..water and seasonings together..
- Start by layering half of the potatoes in dish..then half of the zucchini..follow with half of the onions..
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil onto the veggies in dish..
- Pour half of the tomato/water..seasoning mix over the veggies..
- Next layer the other 1/2 of the veggies in dish..potatoes..zucchini..then onions..
- Drizzle top with a bit of olive oil..then pour the other 1/2 of the tomato mix all over the top of veggies..
- Top with the sliced roma tomatoes..cover with foil..
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes..then take the foil off..and bake another 15-20 minutes..based on your oven..allow to brown on top a bit..
- Dish is done when potatoes are fork tender..serve with fluffy rice and a side salad..Enjoy!.
Italian Zucchini-Topped Baked Potato. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Peel potatoes with a vegetable peeler then slice them thinly using a mandoline, V-slicer or sharp knife. Make small piles of potato slices on a board; cut the piles in half lengthways so they are roughly the Arrange alternate slices of potato and zucchini in the dish so they are standing up on their sides. Starchy, white potatoes and glutenous flour help with texture and binding, but the health cost for me is too high. Zucchini Stuffed with Meat, was one of the first recipes I tasted in mother-in-law's house on my first visit to Italy.