Stuffed Zucchini Boats.
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Ingredients of Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Prepare 4 of zucchini.
- It's 1 of celery stalk diced.
- You need 1 of yellow/spanish onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper diced.
- It's 2 clove of of garlic minced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of Monterey Jack cheese shredded ( any favorite cheese will do).
- It's 1/4 cup of grated or shredded parmesan ( fresh preferred).
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- It's 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 2 tbsp of prosciutto or bacon (omit to make vegetarian).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil or vegetable oil.
- It's 1 of salt to taste.
Stuffed Zucchini Boats step by step
- Cut the zucchini in half down the middle..
- with a small spoon scoop out the insides removing the seeds and most of the meat. put into a bowl.
- to a sautee pan add oil, onion, celery, bell pepper and sautee until translucent. should take 5 to 7 min on about medium high heat. add your salt pepper, paprika and oregano as well..
- add garlic and prosciutto and cook for one minute. then add the insides of the zucchini that were scraped out. A rough chop of them will do just fine. sautee for a couple minutes..
- Turn heat off and add parmesan and bread crumbs. incorporate into mix and set aside to cool for 10 to 15 min. In the mean time turn the oven on to 400°F..
- scoop mixture into zucchini boats making sure to not over fill. just touching the top is enough..
- add 1 tablespoon of cheese to each zucchini boat..
- In a 400°F oven, cook zucchini on a pan or on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray, until golden brown on top, about 25 min. keep an eye out bc ovens have different temperatures..
- 1 to 2 zucchini per person would be my suggested serving portion..
- serve as any side dish or as a healthy snack!.