Italian Zucchini Yachts!. I make this hot vegetable dish quite often in summer when zucchini is abundant. Garden-fresh sliced onion and tomato add a tasty touch.—Christopher Gordon, Springfield, Missouri. The Global Authority on Italian Yachts.
Ingredients of Italian Zucchini Yachts!
- Prepare 1 of LARGE zucchini (or 3 smaller; halved and seeds removed).
- Prepare 2 of Hot Italian sausages (casing removed).
- You need 1/4 cup of cooked rice.
- You need 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/4 of Green pepper (diced).
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It's 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of tomato sauce.
- It's of shredded mozzarella (or your choice of cheese).
It involves lean ground turkey, fresh veggies, and is topped with cheese and toasted bread. Monster zucchini, it happens every year; one day they are growing, looking fine, but if you do not This recipe was inspired by the monster zucchini growing in my garden. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook until tender.
Italian Zucchini Yachts! instructions
- "Baste" your zucchini with olive oil and sprinkle with 1 tbs of the Italian seasoning and set aside on a baking sheet..
- In a pan, brown the sausage and add onion, cook until onion is soft..
- Add the cooked rice,green pepper and tomato paste, mix/ cook for 2 min..
- Add your tomato sauce, the rest of the Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Fill your zucchini "yachts"(or boats if your using smaller zucchinis) with the mixture..
- Top with shredded cheese, and bake in a 375°F oven for 30-35min. enjoy!!!.
Italian Marinated Zucchini, an easy and delicious Appetizer made with strips of pan fried Zucchini tossed with fresh parsley, garlic and olive oil. I think if there is one vegetable that talks summer it is. This easy Crockpot Italian Zucchini Casserole is a delicious way to use up that zucchini from the garden and get your family eating their veggies! These Italian Zucchini Fritters are delightfully crispy and packed full of flavor! Add onion& cook until zucchini is lightly browned.